As a Mom, who also work 40 plus hours a week in an office, the time I spend making dinner is precious. By that, I mean I want to spend as little of my time doing it, but make the meal healthy, balanced and filling.
This is one of my go-to’s. My Mom made this growing up and it is pure comfort food for me. One of the best parts is it is seven ingredients, and can be made in about 30 minutes.
When you have a toddler who’s love language is quality time and is at your feet trying to get you to play with them, a quick dinner is gold.
So here we go, here is what you are going to need:
- 12 oz Polish Beef Kielbasa, cut into 1/4 inch coins
- 1-15oz can of cut green beans, drained
- 1-15oz can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1-15oz can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup white rice
Start by getting 2 cups of water boiling in a sauce pan.
While your water is heating to a boil, heat a large skillet on medium-high and add the kielbasa.
While your kielbasa is cooking, your water should have come to a boil. Once it is boiling add the rice. Bring it back up to a boil, then cover and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 18 minutes.
Try and spread the kielbasa out so that each piece is touching the pan. Cook the kielbasa, stirring occasionally until it is browned on both sides.
The kielbasa will have released its fat in the form of oil, but leave it in the pan. Add the whole tomatoes, green beans, tomato sauce, garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce.
Stir it all together and bring it to a simmer. Use your spoon to break-up the the tomatoes into smaller pieces. Allow it to simmer while your rice continues to cook.
When your rice it done, spoon some on your plate and top with the saucey kielbasa. Salt to taste and enjoy!
Saucey Kielbasa Over Rice
- 12 oz polish kielbasa cut into 1/4 inch coins
- 1 can cut green beans drained
- 1 can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup white rice
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a sauce pan.
- Heat a large skillet on medium high heat. Add the kielbasa trying to make sure as many of the pieces are touching the bottom of the pan.
- Once the water is boiling add the rice. Bring back to a boil, cover the pot and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 18 minutes.
- Stir the kielbasa occasionally making sure both sides are browned.
- Once the kielbasa is browned, add in the whole tomatoes, green beans, tomato sauce, garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce. Stir together, use your spoon to break the tomatoes into smaller pieces. Bring to a simmer.
- Once rice is done cooking, plate rice and top with saucey kielbasa. Salt to taste and enjoy!
Let me know if you have tried this out and comment below what you think! I hope you enjoy this meal as much as I do!